Forklift truck driver for goods receiving, 8 hours pr. week, Odense - #335617
Dato: for 2 uger siden
By: Odense, Region Syddanmark
Kontrakttype: Fuld tid
Job ID: 226962
Date posted: 12/02/2024Who you are
Do you love to get up before everybody else and drive a forklift truck? If so, you are a good match as a truck driver for our goods receiving department. When IKEA opens at 10 AM, it is important we have emptied the trucks, received goods and replenished the shelves so we are ready for our customers. In this job it is a requirement that you have a license for operating forklift trucks and experience with driving both reach and contra-weight trucks.
In addition, you most likely:
- Have experience within logistics and working in a warehouse
- Thrive with working during the night and early hours of the day
- Can prioritize and organize your own and the teams work to make efficient use of time
- Are good at communicating in English and enthusiastic about working in a team.
A day in your life with us
As a truck driver you play an important part for IKEA’s customers and sales, because you and your team make sure our home furnishing solutions and accessories are always accessible for our customers. Every day is fast paced because we work with a sharp deadline at 10 AM, when the store opens.
Your tasks will be:
- Receiving and handling goods by unloading trucks and loading goods into the warehouse by forklift truck
- Working together and following up with colleagues to keep the store fully stocked
- Handling of goods and stock taking, as well as updating IT systems accordingly
- Proactively securing the safety of your colleagues and our customers in your working area
- Maintenance of machinery and cleaning up the department.
Together as a team
Here you will become part of an international team of both fulltime and part-time employees that work towards a common goal. We secure an efficient replenishment of the store and provide good customer service, even though we do not have direct customer contact. We work closely together with all departments, and consequently you gain experience in collaborating with many different types of people. We work in a fast-paced environment, but always support each other and work as a team. Therefore, there is room for you to be exactly who you are. We will ensure the correct training, so you will feel safe and competent in the job. At IKEA you have endless possibilities to grow
Questions and support? Let's connect!
If you have any questions please contact our Logistics Team Leader, Louis Nielsen på [email protected]. Please notice that we do not receive applications via e-mail but only through our recruitment portal
'- The position is on average 8 hours per week and working hours will be from 04:00 AM to 08:00 AM
- In busy periods and holidays shifts can start earlier
- Shifts can occur on all days of the week and you will work every second weekend Saturday
- Salary within union agreey ment with 3F
- We have several benefits such as: Pension, health insurance, massage, cantine, co-worker discount, discounts through Logbuy, bonus programme etc.
- Start date as soon as possible
- We have an ongoing interview process and reserve the right to close the job when we have received enough qualified candidates